The Forum

Filed under Article Archive

Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Many of the restaurants that are in Charleston were converted from town homes such as The Husk.

Love is in the air around the holidays, and coming up with the perfect date can be more difficult than you may think. Sometimes it’s best to take a breath and get away for a while, so both of you can enjoy your time together. A weekend getaway to Charleston, South Carolina is perfect for the holidays and can easily pull you into the Christmas spirit. With downtown Charleston containing an abundance of landmarks, culture and history, there is no possible way to lose interest during your stay.

Because there are so many places to tour and visit, having a daily plan will help significantly. I would start with a horse drawn carriage ride through downtown Charleston. You will be amazed at how much you can learn while taking in the beautiful sights of this little downtown city. The tours typically last an hour and are around $60 a couple, unless you prefer a private tour and then the price is in the $200 range. Don’t be discourage about having other passengers on your tour because it can be interesting to learn about where they’re from and to socialize. Although the tour can be quite pricy, this will allow you to see different parts of the city that you might not have time to see during your getaway.

Shopping is another way to see the city and enjoy your time in Charleston. The famous King Street, a strip that contains stores beyond anyone’s imagination.Where you can buy a variety of things from designer shoes, handbags, and jewelry to handmade baskets in the market. If your significant other loves to shop, this is the place for them, and you can snag some last minute Christmas gifts.

Eating delicious, well prepared meals during your getaway is a definite must. One place that I would highly recommend is California Dreaming located on Ashley Point Drive. This restaurant contains a variety of options such as seafood, beef, and chicken, and I haven’t found a meal that I didn’t like. Although some items are a little on the pricy side, there are still cheaper options that are available. California Dreaming overlooks a gorgeous river, making this a “dinner with a view.” What more could you ask for?

Charleston is a beautiful city that offers several activities to please anyone. I hope you find yourself there during the holidays.

• Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Article Archive

Trojan Traditions

• Article Archive

Swimming Team Makes State

• Article Archive

A Single Survival Guide To Valentine’s Day

• Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Article Archive

Wrestlers Head For State Champs

• Article Archive

North Hall Brings Christmas Spirit with Festival of Trees

• Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Article Archive

A Sweet Treat for the Holidays

• Article Archive

North Hall Brings The Christmas Spirit To Life With Fun Festive Trees.

• Article Archive

Trojan Thanksgiving Traditions

• Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Article Archive

Have a Merry Movie Marathon

• Carry on to Charleston South Carolina

Article Archive

Hector’s Honor is Restored

The student news site of North Hall High School
Carry on to Charleston South Carolina