The student news site of North Hall High School

The Forum

Filed under Features

Fall Festival For a Cause

Source: https://www.morningbreezecabinrentals.com/north-ga-365-day-193-indian-summer-festival-in-suches/
Woody Gap Elementary School students come together to perform their historical play at the Indian Fall Festival.

The Indian Fall Festival is one tradition that is to never be forgotten. Located at Woody Gap Elementary School in Suches, Ga, and held on Oct. 7-8, 2017. You will find all of Georgia’s history and background behind the Indians and the role they played in this southern state. Here buy homemade items and decorations for your household, and get a taste of real southern and mountain food. This is one event that is family friendly and one you won’t want to miss. At the Indian Festival you will find multiple activities and items that are sure to catch your eye for all ages, such as arts and crafts, antiques, pottery, leather, local produce, folk art, live music, homemade goodies, great traditional all-American food like BBQ, hamburgers, etc. The kids will put on a play related to Indians and Pilgrims and how they are vital to Georgia’s history. Also, at 8 p.m. there will be a square dance at the Suches Community Center.

At the entrance of the festival there will be a raffle sale for highend products such as yetis, guns, etc. If running is a favored hobby, there will be an event that is welcomed to anyone called The Run Above The Clouds, which is a 10k road race held on Oct. 7 at 9 a.m. If concerned about where the money will go to, all the money that is spent at this event goes towards the Indian Fall Festival fundraiser to provide kids to go on more field trips, repair and add on to the Woody Gap School, and overall provide a better learning experience for the students that attend.

Even with all of these options it gets better! The parking is free! Join everyone at the Indian Fall Festival for a great time, and fun filled activities for all ages. Guaranteed to be one of the best events of the year to create long-lasting memories with your family. For more knowledge about this event contact information is as follows:

Source: http://ucschoolswoody.ss5.sharpschool.com/
Sneak peak at the festival grounds in action, each tent providing multiple options for household decorations, gifts, fun activity for kids, paintings, and more!

Festival Activities info: 706-747-2401

Booth info ( if you have items you would like to sell or promote ): 706-747-2006

Entertainment info: 706-747-2966

Website: http://www.indiansummerfestival.com 

Admission is $4 for adults, $2 for students’, and free for kids under 6 years of age.

• Features

Where Are The Farms Going?

• Fall Festival For a Cause

Student Life

Hector’s Sword Has Fallen

• Opinions

HoCo Do’s & Dont’s

• Fall Festival For a Cause

Entertainment

October 2017 Horoscopes

• Fall Festival For a Cause

Entertainment

Kesha’s Comeback

• Fall Festival For a Cause

News

Numbers in the News

• Fall Festival For a Cause

Opinions

Dress Code: Fair or Sexist?

• Fall Festival For a Cause

Student Life

Heard it in the Hallway: Freshmen Edition

• News

Hall County Schools React to Hurricane Irma

• Opinions

Banish Bullying

Fall Festival For a Cause