The student news site of North Hall High School

The Forum

Filed under Entertainment

Taylor Swift Wins Her Lawsuit Against Former Radio Host

Picture was taken at Taylor’s Swift’s  meet and greet on her Red tour 2013. Picture was used as evidence at the trial.

Picture was taken at Taylor’s Swift’s meet and greet on her Red tour 2013. Picture was used as evidence at the trial.

http://www.westword.com/news/see-alleged-taylor-swift-denver-dj-david-mueller-bottom-touching-photo-7146427

Famous pop-star Taylor Swift countersued former radio dj, David Mueller for one dollar after he sued her for destroying his entire career by a what he states to be a false accusation. After the deliberation in court, Swift won the trial.

In June 2013, Swift posed for a photo with David Mueller at a meet and greet. After the picture was taken, she told her employer she was touched inappropriately and claimed he lifted up her skirt and touched her behind. Though Taylor did not press charges at the time, David Mueller was fired from two jobs prior to his termination by KYGO over an allegation that he groped Taylor Swift, according to The Denver Post.  

“I think Taylor did the right thing in sueing him. Famous or not any sexual assault is not okay”, said Lauren Gibbs.

On Monday Aug 14, a Denver jury delivered a unanimous verdict in Swift’s favor. Both claims were weighed at the trial. Mueller was seeking three million dollars  in damages; Swift countersued asking for one dollar.  Mueller claims his hands might of slipped when the picture was taken. However, Swift’s story was verified by a bodyguard who saw how he pulled up her skirt.

“If you look at the photo, his hands are not underneath her skirt. It’s not ruffled,rumbled, or affected in any form or fashion,” said Gabriel McFarland, Mueller’s attorney, according to CNN.

Muellers attorney also suggested that he might have been wrongly accused and that Swift could have confused him for another man. However, Swift’s attorney Baldridge refuted the pop star was sure it was Mueller who touched her. He also argued that Mueller had repeatedly changed his story and had destroyed evidence in the case leading up to trial according to CNN. Mueller destroyed a two-hour audio recording he surreptitiously taped during an interview with his boss the day before he was fired. The recording was lost when Mueller later destroyed or threw away four electronic devices, according to The Denver Post.

By the evidence Taylor Swift had, she won the case. She said it was never for the money, it was to make a stand to people who have been sexually assaulted. Swift promised that she will soon donate to organizations that help victims defend themselves.

• Taylor Swift Wins Her Lawsuit  Against Former Radio Host

Entertainment

October 2017 Horoscopes

Entertainment

Kesha’s Comeback

Student Life

Hector’s Sword Has Fallen

• Opinions

HoCo Do’s & Dont’s

Entertainment

October 2017 Horoscopes

Entertainment

Kesha’s Comeback

News

Numbers in the News

Opinions

Dress Code: Fair or Sexist?

Student Life

Heard it in the Hallway: Freshmen Edition

Features

Fall Festival For a Cause